Re: Vista by the balls

"Titancom" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:649f8fe9fe2dd03dcda00cc12b5437e2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

Just wanted to thank everyones experiences with installation problems
on vista x64, i had troubles a lot but with the combined knowledge of
people on the forums i have been able to get it working so far with no
problems.

I tried all the different things from several forums and posts to get
an almost error free event log with no lock ups.

1. Have main HDD connected where the os is going to be installed to
only (no other HDD's)
2. Have cd/dvd drive connected (no other optical devices)
3. Have 1 video card connected (leave 2nd or 3rd out for now)
4. Leave USB/Firewire etc mainboard ext devices unplugged for now
5. Have only one ram stick installed

These simple 5 steps i did when i installed Vista premium x64 gave me a
clean event log :)

After the installion of Vista was completed i then loaded Mainboard
drivers then the video drivers allowing for reboots as needed. Once all
this was done i then shut down the PC and installed the other ram
module, ext USB/Firewire and secong video card.

Then powered the computer back up with a clean event log :)
For people using an eVGA 790i mainboard the drivers that eVGA have on
there website are buggy as i found out when i put them on it gave me
event log errors and even locked my system up, i removed them and put
the currently signed Nvidia drivers on with out any issue.

I did find that i seem to have issues with having both ram modules
loaded, so much so that it was giving me lockups and even affecting my
3dmark score, so having the 1 ram module in only i went from buggy
install to clean install and no lockups. Even my CPU score in 3dmark
tripled WTF so tonight i will be testing the ram modules one at a time
to see if its a bad ram stick or an issue with the slot.

Thanks again everyone for all your personal info on issues people have
had installing Vista and there work arounds, Great job all :)

--
Titancom

Q6600@xxxx Air - eVGA 790i Ultra - 2 x eVGA GTX260 Super Clocked SLI -
Corsair Dom DDR3-1333 2 x 2Gb - 28inch Viewsonic LCD - SS850 watt PSU -
Vista Premium 64 SP1

Only having the bare minimum connected has always been the best way to install a new OS..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

  • How I fixed my Vista Print Spooler Problems
    ... putchased Vista Ultimate with the intent to upgrade my XP system. ... errors stemming from the Print Spooler Service. ... with an upgrade install of Vista Ultimate. ... I attempted to manually clean all my drivers and registry changes ...
  • Re: replacing Vista with XP/w2k and possible problems with drivers
    ... My complaint is about MS who forced HP to sell computers with VISTA only. ... Your statement that HP is happy to supply computers with XP would seem to be false, if it did not provide XP-compatible drivers for your model. ... You probably are aware that they do not supply system install disks. ...
  • Re: XP installation software drives & activation problem
    ... u think xp SP3 is better than vista in this case? ... xp drivers some not able to install using the Acer DVD even when i tried to ... install manually or automatically. ... only Atheros type of wLan in the Acer DVD. ...
  • Re: Installing XP-Pro
    ... Following instructions from the web, I used Vista to create a new, ... The disk spins, various programs are read from it ok, and then when it ... hit the F6 key to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver. ... Usually these drivers can be obtained from the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: (OT) Everyone in love with Vista RC2 yet?
    ... Just what I was afraid of with the "Vista Experience". ... Did Vista RC2 come with all the drivers for all your peripherals? ... second install attempt worked. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)