Re: Windows Vista won't install no matter what!

JMarchesoni wrote:

Hi all,
I'm really at a loss here. I've tried every solution I can find on
the web, I've turned off or unplugged anything not absolutely
necessary to installing, I've manually set the CPU values, I've
throttled my RAM down to 800 (half its speed, wtf?), I've even gone
through the lengthy process of slipstreaming SP1 into a new Vista
image (which works, by the way, thank you vLite), EVERYTHING, and I
get as far as Vista being installed and I get either a freeze or a
bluescreen. My specs are below, any ideas???

-P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP @n
-Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 w/Arctic Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler
-PowerColor ATI 3870 800Mhz 1GB DDR4 (AX3870X21GBD4PH RT)
-OCZ 2GBx2 1600 (OCZ3P16004GK) (Well, one is bad right now, but in the
end both will be installed)
-Western Digital Velociraptor 300GB 10KRPM Hard Drive
-Samsung SATA DVD Burner
-Antec 850W PSU

Some piece of hardware is failing/bad. Without knowing what the blue screen
said, that's all I can guess. Doesn't matter if the hardware is new; in
fact hardware will tend to fail very soon or go for years. Start testing
or, depending on your desire and level of computer skill, take the machine
to a local professional for testing. I don't recommend using a
BigComputerStore/GeekSquad type of place.

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Hardware_Tshoot

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: Buy now or wait for Vista?
    ... I think you should consider how the hardware available now is likely to ... Windows Vista should support dual core by default and should therefore ... >I am looking into buying a new Media Center PC and am wondering if I should ... > out and installing it over my Media Center 2005 edition? ...
  • Re: Who the hell would want it?
    ... (That would be an interesting experiment....place 2 identical hardware ... one Vista and one Linux themed with the Vista ... installing yet another word processor as you did. ... hardware X.....Vista doesn't have drivers available for hardware X ...
  • Re: After MS Updates Keyboard and Mouse are not responding
    ... and keyboard? ... My hardware is a < l yr ... confirm, that you can get the mouse back by installing earlier image backups, ... Always a version of Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Kernel Panic
    ... Windows Vista box could go that long! ... time due to a hardware failure. ... hardware drivers and installing a few programs that end up ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)