Re: COM ports

Neat - I'd never have thought of that one!

Here is another approach. Since the problem is that devices that are
not present are nto shown in Device Manager, even if "show Hidden
Devices" is enabled, try this:

From an elevated command prompt, type set
devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1, press enter, then type start
devmgmt.msc and press enter.

From the Device Manager, select View - Show Hidden Devices. Now when
you expand the COM ports section you will see all of the old devices and
can uninstall them. You might also delete the old bluetooth device
installs while you are at it.

Regards,

Dave

"PaulB" <PaulB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,
Go to the Control panel and select Printers. Right click on any
printer and
select properties. Then select Ports and scroll up or down to find the
Com
ports and delete the ones you no longer need. Make sure you reselect
the
original port for that printer again after your done.
--
Paul

"em.edwards13@xxxxxxxxx" wrote:

I'm trying to install a bluetooth device that requires two ports
within the range of COM ports 3-9. When I install the device, COM
ports that are too high are automatically assigned. However, when I
try to manually change these COM ports, it tells me that all the
lower
ports are "in use". This is because I've had to reinstall the same
device several times (after it being disconnected and reconnected),
and each time it was assigned higher COM ports. The computer does not
recognise that these COM ports are no longer in use. How can I
manually change this?

Thanks

  • ports system woes
    ... What exactly "removing dependency on package" means? ... port installs?). ... Allow it 3-5 hours per 1000 installed ports 8-) The good thing is that ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • RE: some issues with /usr/sbin/service
    ... My own "vimage" package which installs: ... outputting the warnings in question to stderr) -- see rc.subr's source ... it should be considered a rule that ports rc ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: aclocal-1.12: error: configure.ac
    ... *** Error code 1 ... Given you have the ports in an odd location, might I ask where exctly is ... to co-habit in the same tree under ${LOCALBASE} if the ports is going to ... and you don't want to spam your live system with test installs. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: How to block RealPlayer ??
    ... I like the Linux idea best... ... > Doz wrote: ... >> which ports to block? ... > 1) Develop a policy where an employee who installs any unathorized ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RWW Stopped working..Please Help
    ... SBS 2003 Standard, Dual Nics, Linksys Router, SBC Standard DSL, ... and have double checked the ports as being forwarded. ... The cert lists the same as other certs I've ... port 80 on all my installs and only connect via https. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)