Re: Problems after reinstalling vista

milkmankilla wrote:

Ok so i have a 64 bit version of vista running on my pc and i decided to
do a system restore and the i reinstalled vista because it was starting
to get slow so i was trying some things. I reinstalled it and now when i
try to uninstall a program it says setup.exe has stopped working. I cant
uninstall anything. someone please help me.

If you did a true clean install - format and start over - did you then also
install all the drivers for your hardware? If not, that's your next step.
See below for general drivers information. If you did, or can't run any of
the driver installation programs, you may have hardware failure. There is
no way for me to tell since you provided no information about your computer
or its recent history. See these links for what details to include in your

Drivers:

Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:

1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM computer
(HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.

To find out what hardware is in your computer:

1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific model
machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers anyway)
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor or System Information for Windows.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html - Belarc Advisor
http://www.gtopala.com/ - System Information for Windows

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: Driver problems on new system.
    ... > Have you checked for an updated BIOS at Asus's website? ... > drivers on their site too. ... > I'd also suggest testing the RAM. ... >>I'm cool with doing a total new install, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: cant get internet
    ... Network drives: None detected ... did you also install all your drivers for the ... The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; ... install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc ...
  • Re: Start Menu dispays a black screen
    ... control panel and administrative tools set as menus as well as the ... Never get drivers from Windows Update. ... The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; ... install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Ethernet Drivers???
    ... So, I check Device Manager and saw that under Other Decives, my ... When you install an operating system, you then need to install drivers ... You need to install your motherboard drivers. ... The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: XP does not recognize my integrated Ethernet adapter
    ... You need drivers for the motherboard, video, audio, ... The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; ... Advisor or System Information for Windows. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)