Re: express upgrade to windows vista

Hi,

Are you trying to do a clean installation with the upgrade disk? Your key wouldn't be valid for that, it can only be used to upgrade an existing installation.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"frustratedone" <frustratedone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3A068CAF-0368-4EA5-A596-AEF30564F90B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a valid copy of the express upgrade to windows vista. When entering
the product key in during installation, it comes up "invalid". How do I go
about fixing this issue?

  • Re: Whats in the box?
    ... To use an upgrade disk, you do not need to have the qualifying product ... put in your upgrade disk and continue installation. ... | version (so as to "start from scratch") or just something that builds ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Changing motherboard on OEM with XP SP2
    ... installed from the upgrade disk. ... Could an SP2 installation disk repair the ... and assuming a retail license (many OEM installations ... >> to use an upgrade disk to XP pro SP1 to remedy any windows problems. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Reinstalling XP
    ... Can I just install with the XP upgrade disk if I ... provided you have the true installation CD for the earlier OS. ... or the "\i386" folder of WinNT/2K. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP Prof Upgrade
    ... Is it possible to do a clean install using an upgrade disk? ... Yes, it's quite possible to perform a clean installation using the Upgrade CD, provided you have the true installation CD for the earlier OS. ... Alternatively, or especially if all you have is an OEM Recovery CD for the earlier OS, you can even start the upgrade from within the current Win98/Me/NT/2K installation, and still elect to perform a clean installation, to include formatting the drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Can I upgrade Office 2002 directly to Office 2007
    ... IT is bad form to post articles on the Usenet with no body text. ... use an Office 2007 Upgrade disk to upgrade an installation of Office ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)