Re: Vista Ultimate 32bit Upgrade - STOP Error

Rick Rogers;3927648 Wrote:
Hi,

0x7B is INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, meaning that setup cancelled because
it
cannot access the drive. Is this a sata or ide drive? Was a
manufacturer's
driver loaded as part of setup (if not, you may need to)?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Eyeon" <Eyeon.3ebjnc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Hi,

Hoping someone may be able to help me with this.

I bought the Vista Ultimate Upgrade from ebay and received it today,
but i'm having trouble upgrading my XP Pro machine.

I go through the install process and there are no conflicts or
anything, i've uninstalled Norton.

When it reboots the first time after starting the installation i'm
getting a blue screen that says "A problem has been detected and
Windows
has shut down to prevent damage to your computer"

Underneath this it has:

*** STOP:0x0000007B (0x80599BB0 0xC0000034 0x00000000 0x00000000)

I'm not experienced really with computers so I have no idea what this
is or how to fix it so i can upgrade to Vista.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

--
Eyeon

Eyeon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/eyeon.htm
View this thread:
http://forums.techarena.in/vista-setup-install/1022152.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Hiya,

Having a look inside, I have two (on is C: which is IDE and another E:
which is sata) Trying to upgrade C which is the IDE drive.

I'm not sure about the driver loading? I start the upgrade from Windows
and it goes through the Gathering/Expanding Files bit, then reboots, I
see the menu with Other Version and Windows Setup, when it goes through
to continue the setup, I see the green status bar go a few times, then
it drops to this message.

How do i go about loading the driver in setup? I didn't see any sort of
option for something like that, it seemed to be upgrading automatically?

--
Eyeon
Eyeon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/eyeon.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-setup-install/1022152.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Anyone Installed Windows 7?
    ... the Windows 7 upgrade for $50, and wait for it to be shipped. ... Since I was using Vista, ... we used Windows 98 for more than 8 years, ... Here's a link to a forum in which a similar HP driver problem is ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • RE: Video Card or RAM issue?
    ... Sounds like you have some bad driver files and not a memory problem. ... Boot up from the XP Installation CD, when you see the "Welcome To Setup" ... To setup Windows XP now, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Anyone Installed Windows 7?
    ... the Windows 7 upgrade for $50, and wait for it to be shipped. ... we used Windows 98 for more than 8 years, ... no parallel port support) HP Laserjet 4 Plus. ... Here's a link to a forum in which a similar HP driver problem is ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Anyone Installed Windows 7?
    ... the Windows 7 upgrade for $50, and wait for it to be shipped. ... we used Windows 98 for more than 8 years, ... The problem I have with Windows 7 is that it does not support (no driver, no parallel port support) HP Laserjet 4 Plus. ...
    (soc.retirement)