Re: Vista Ultimate 32bit Upgrade - STOP Error

Rick Rogers;3927648 Wrote:

0x7B is INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, meaning that setup cancelled because
cannot access the drive. Is this a sata or ide drive? Was a
driver loaded as part of setup (if not, you may need to)?

Best of Luck,

Windows help -
My thoughts

"Eyeon" <Eyeon.3ebjnc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Hoping someone may be able to help me with this.

I bought the Vista Ultimate Upgrade from ebay and received it today,
but i'm having trouble upgrading my XP Pro machine.

I go through the install process and there are no conflicts or
anything, i've uninstalled Norton.

When it reboots the first time after starting the installation i'm
getting a blue screen that says "A problem has been detected and
has shut down to prevent damage to your computer"

Underneath this it has:

*** STOP:0x0000007B (0x80599BB0 0xC0000034 0x00000000 0x00000000)

I'm not experienced really with computers so I have no idea what this
is or how to fix it so i can upgrade to Vista.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Eyeon's Profile:
View this thread:

Having a look inside, I have two (on is C: which is IDE and another E:
which is sata) Trying to upgrade C which is the IDE drive.

I'm not sure about the driver loading? I start the upgrade from Windows
and it goes through the Gathering/Expanding Files bit, then reboots, I
see the menu with Other Version and Windows Setup, when it goes through
to continue the setup, I see the green status bar go a few times, then
it drops to this message.

How do i go about loading the driver in setup? I didn't see any sort of
option for something like that, it seemed to be upgrading automatically?

Eyeon's Profile:
View this thread: