Re: Vista Ultimate 32bit Upgrade - STOP Error

"Eyeon" <Eyeon.3ebjnc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Eyeon.3ebjnc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Hoping someone may be able to help me with this.

I bought the Vista Ultimate Upgrade from ebay and received it today,
but i'm having trouble upgrading my XP Pro machine.

I go through the install process and there are no conflicts or
anything, i've uninstalled Norton.

When it reboots the first time after starting the installation i'm
getting a blue screen that says "A problem has been detected and Windows
has shut down to prevent damage to your computer"

Underneath this it has:

*** STOP:0x0000007B (0x80599BB0 0xC0000034 0x00000000 0x00000000)

I'm not experienced really with computers so I have no idea what this
is or how to fix it so i can upgrade to Vista.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Did you run the MS Upgrade Advisory for Vista that tells you if the machine is capable of running Vista?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

Trying to upgrade from one version of the O/S to another one to save data or not having to re-install existing programs on the machine doesn't work out to well with a lot of trouble. Upgrading Vista to another version of Vista is ok. But coming from XP to Vista may be another story. I like to format the hard drive and install the O/S fresh to avoid potential problems. I hear you can install the O/S fresh with the upgrade install DVD too.

.