Re: Vista Ultimate 32bit Upgrade - STOP Error

"Eyeon" <Eyeon.3ebjnc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Eyeon.3ebjnc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Hoping someone may be able to help me with this.

I bought the Vista Ultimate Upgrade from ebay and received it today,
but i'm having trouble upgrading my XP Pro machine.

I go through the install process and there are no conflicts or
anything, i've uninstalled Norton.

When it reboots the first time after starting the installation i'm
getting a blue screen that says "A problem has been detected and Windows
has shut down to prevent damage to your computer"

Underneath this it has:

*** STOP:0x0000007B (0x80599BB0 0xC0000034 0x00000000 0x00000000)

I'm not experienced really with computers so I have no idea what this
is or how to fix it so i can upgrade to Vista.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Did you run the MS Upgrade Advisory for Vista that tells you if the machine is capable of running Vista?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

Trying to upgrade from one version of the O/S to another one to save data or not having to re-install existing programs on the machine doesn't work out to well with a lot of trouble. Upgrading Vista to another version of Vista is ok. But coming from XP to Vista may be another story. I like to format the hard drive and install the O/S fresh to avoid potential problems. I hear you can install the O/S fresh with the upgrade install DVD too.

  • Re: Format again
    ... specs to see if it can handle Vista. ... and I want to reformat my hard disk and re-install Windows XP ... and update it with a Vista upgrade which my good lady brought ... Instead of performing a clean install of XP, ...
  • Re: upgrade c: from pata to sata with vista ultimate 64bit upgrade dis
    ... "How to Clean Install Windows Vista with Upgrade Media ... When I began inquiring into various Windows Vista installation options late last year, Microsoft and its representative grew quiet and seemed to begin selectively answering my questions. ...
  • Re: upgrading xp to vista premium question
    ... When Vista ... Upgrade was installing, I assume it also saw a single disk with a single ... I wasn't sure I could do a clean install of Vista originally and ... were partitioned into 3 different volumes and during the install of Vista ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: upgrading xp to vista premium question
    ... prior to using an upgrade install of Vista. ... install of Vista Home Premium full retail version was to my main MCE2005 ... built and did a clean install and love it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Vista OEM or... ?
    ... There are at least two different concepts of what constitutes an upgrade: ... Fresh install: For a hardware component, one will consider an upgrade as ... Who will perform support if the end user is having problems. ... I'd like to upgrade PCs from my family to Vista. ...