Re: Reduce size of User Profile

Run disk cleanup
20gb is no big shakes
Does your system have a second drive or Partition?
The size of the user profile is unlikely to impact on speed, how much ram is
installed and how much free space on C?

"dkso" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

My User profile is over 20Gb in size and I'd like to reduce it's size
and hopefully increase the speed of my machine in the process.

How do I do this?:confused:

Windows XP home (Media centre), upgraded to Windows Vista home premium.
The only profile on the machine.

Thanks in advance...

Dean

--
dkso

  • Transferring .pst and .oab files from old to new user profile
    ... Windows Vista Home Premium x64. ... "User Profile service failed logon. ... I successfully used the Outlook Wizard ... How do I copy/import my Outlook 2007 e-mail folders and contact addresses ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Reduce size of User Profile
    ... My User profile is over 20Gb in size and I'd like to reduce it's size ... upgraded to Windows Vista home premium. ...
  • User Profile
    ... planning on using the 20GB as the OS and the 60GB for data. ... Can I somehow move the entire User Profile to the 60GB drive? ... Once I reformat, is there a way to connect back to my existing profile on the 60GB partition? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)