Re: Repair Windows Installer Service in Vista (All Versions)

This solution didn't work for me. I did all the steps and replaced
registry key, but nothing happened, i kept getting the same error.

I have the problem kinda pinpointed though: at least in my case, it's
caused by one of the windows updates - i haven't figured out which
yet though. My next step will be install the updates one by one to
figure out which one is messing the whole thing up, but that takes a
lot of time :(

The weird thing is, with so many people complaining about it, howcome
haven't they issued a report about it yet... I'm seriously thinkin
bout going back to XP :(