Re: Repair Windows Installer Service in Vista (All Versions)

This solution didn't work for me. I did all the steps and replaced
the
registry key, but nothing happened, i kept getting the same error.

I have the problem kinda pinpointed though: at least in my case, it's
caused by one of the windows updates - i haven't figured out which
one
yet though. My next step will be install the updates one by one to
figure out which one is messing the whole thing up, but that takes a
lot of time :(

The weird thing is, with so many people complaining about it, howcome
haven't they issued a report about it yet... I'm seriously thinkin
bout going back to XP :(

  • Windows Installer Error
    ... registry key, but nothing happened, i kept getting the same error. ... caused by one of the windows updates - i haven't figured out which one ... The weird thing is, with so many people complaining about it, howcome ...
  • Re: windows security/updating
    ... > kind of registry key that will do this? ... > Basically I want to avoid walking around to each computer, ... > remotely run windows updates (keep in mind for some of them you have to ... Unfortunately you have to pay for it. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Login windows taking too long to display
    ... What registry key is the one that is set to get SP3 via Windows Updates? ... want to turn that off so I don't get alerted that is is available to download ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Update permissions
    ... I've checked and that registry key is not even present. ... "Ed Siff" wrote: ... > NoWindowsUpdate ... >>restrictions to Windows Updates and checked the registry for restrictions but ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)