RE: Reinstall or Upgrade Vista?

There should be a 2nd Partition on your Hard Drive, which is the Recovery
Partition to take it back to factory standards, if they did not give you a
DVD for Recovery.

Have a look through any manual that came with your computer, or check out
their website for info on how to for the reinstallation, email them or phone
them.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Aracnephobiar" wrote:

Hi all, I am basically having problems with my Vista. It is Windows
Vista Home Premium SP1. So, I was thinking to either re-install it
(which I do not have the DVD and need to buy it) or do a Windows
Business upgrade which is cheaper. Can someone help me or give
suggestions?

P.S.: How will the upgrade be like? I mean, does it store your Windows
files or delete them and create new ones?

--
Aracnephobiar

  • Re: Corrupt Windows XP config file
    ... I attempted to install Windows XP in the second partition, ... I then brought up the Recovery Console and used the FIXBOOT command to try ...
  • Re: Pagefile on Wrong Drive
    ... My reply was submitted only to the Windows ... the recovery partition, Drive D. ... did you copy the install CD over there? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Pagefile on Wrong Drive
    ... Windows XP newsgroup (i.e., the alt.comp.hardware newsgroup was ... as the recovery partition, Drive D. ... did you copy the install CD over there? ... partition won't have a drive letter assigned to it, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: The coming artilect wars
    ... SYSTEM, Microsoft Windows (most of the disk), "Recovery Partition" (re- ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Reformatting
    ... Essentially you stuffed up the system and need to reinstall Windows but want ... I just reread your post and it seems you have another windows install on ... copy all data you want to save onto the D: partition. ... recovery console admin password would be blank if no ...