Re: Premium to Ultimate Upgrade problem

If you installed SP1 on your computer and your Vista Ultimate disc
does not include SP1, you'll need to uninstall SP1 before you can upgrade.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Volksmarch" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:8c3a41d2be6d86fed7df8cb9afff83ee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, I've been trying to find a good explanation, but everything I've
found says I shouldn't be having a problem.

I bought a new computer with Premium x64. Awhile back I had been able
to purchase a copy of Ultimate from the Microsoft Employee Store through
my employer.

After getting the computer cleaned of bloatware and installed with my
copies of Office and other programs, I realized Premium didn't have
remote access enabled, so I tossed the Ultimate disc in.

I did this while in Windows, not on boot. As others have had problems
with, the upgrade option is disabled.

Am I missing something to be able to do the upgrade?

--
Volksmarch

  • RE: what do i need to upgrade to premium?
    ... I too want to do the same thing but I thought I would upgrade to R2 first. ... to load the last CD of SP1 from premium? ... Then you can begin the setup to install SQL or ISA 2000. ... Completing Setup for Microsoft Windows Small Business Server Premium ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: WSUS SP1
    ... and thanks to Dave for the link to the SP1 Readme. ... When upgrading to WSUS SP1, you may need to disable antivirus ... When you upgrade WSUS by applying WSUS SP1, ... After disabling antivirus programs, restart the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: 2003 SP1 Site Upgrades
    ... After our engineer ran the SP1 ... "Kim Oppalfens" wrote: ... > targetting it at all the tier III site servers? ... >> My question is when we upgrade the Tier II, parent site to these Tier III ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
  • Re: Cant Install SBS Server Tools
    ... Re-deploy of SP1 didn't help. ... I'll try deploying SBS SP1 tonight and see ... With regard to SPs, it was recommended not to install Windows Server SP1, ... OK unless upgrade from SBS2003 with QFE. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: First Condenser Mics (AT3035 & Rode NT-1A)
    ... You just ask for them to upgrade your SP1. ... mics. ... regardless of cost. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)