Re: Premium to Ultimate Upgrade problem

If you installed SP1 on your computer and your Vista Ultimate disc
does not include SP1, you'll need to uninstall SP1 before you can upgrade.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Volksmarch" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:8c3a41d2be6d86fed7df8cb9afff83ee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, I've been trying to find a good explanation, but everything I've
found says I shouldn't be having a problem.

I bought a new computer with Premium x64. Awhile back I had been able
to purchase a copy of Ultimate from the Microsoft Employee Store through
my employer.

After getting the computer cleaned of bloatware and installed with my
copies of Office and other programs, I realized Premium didn't have
remote access enabled, so I tossed the Ultimate disc in.

I did this while in Windows, not on boot. As others have had problems
with, the upgrade option is disabled.

Am I missing something to be able to do the upgrade?

--
Volksmarch
.