Re: Enough 3rd-party apps to make 64bit Vista worthwhile?

"Mark Conrad" <noneof@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:noneof-A7C7A2.18543014082008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have been considering switching to 64 bit Vista.

Would anyone please list a few of the pros and cons?

Here presently running 32 bit Vista on Mac hardware.

My main app is Dragon NaturallySpeaking. (medical)

Think I will check their website to see if they plan
to grind out a 64 bit version of Dragon.

Really just interested whether or not a lot of
mainstream "general" apps are available yet.

Mark-

Many applications would not benefit from being 64bit, but eventually they will be converted if only to put 32bit to sleep forever.. presently, there is little or no incentive to do this..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

  • Re: Enough 3rd-party apps to make 64bit Vista worthwhile?
    ... you can build a nice Vista 64-bit PC and then run virtual machines w/ a 32-bit OS. ... and probably it will take a couple of years till 64-bit CPUs will become mainstream so that there will be some incentives for software companies to produce competitive 64-bit applications. ... My main app is Dragon NaturallySpeaking. ...
  • Enough 3rd-party apps to make 64bit Vista worthwhile?
    ... Would anyone please list a few of the pros and cons? ... Here presently running 32 bit Vista on Mac hardware. ... My main app is Dragon NaturallySpeaking. ...
  • Re: Deployment under Vista
    ... combination of a special path designated by Windows and the current ... Consequently, under Vista CSIDLs were changed into KNOWNFOLDERIDs, ... Let's call my app Fred.exe and it uses say two random access files, ... The Install suggests that the app is placed in C:\Programs. ...
  • Re: Deployment under Vista
    ... Outlook apparently does not easily allow me step ... this app works perfectly under XP Home. ... The Install suggests putting the app where you set it to. ... you're breaking the Vista rules by putting data in a Program ...