On the fly JBOD

I'm not too sure about JBOD, but I want to be able to add new disks as
the drives fill up. I know its possible to mount Disks as folders, but I
want the convince of being able to use the array as a single, expanding
drive (one drive letter and no folders, just files). I'm also hoping its
very easy to continue work if one drive in the middle of the array
fails.

--
ACiD GRiM

  • Re: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-4i hangs system at boot
    ... Squeeze, AFAIK, don't do automatic alignment on AF drives. ... Those who want to boot from disks in an md array ... arrays from bare AF disks avoids partition misalignment. ... Local SGI XFS ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-4i hangs system at boot
    ... misalignment on advanced format drives. ... That 800TB is carved up into a handful of multi-hundred TB XFS ... A single level md striped array is any linux raid containing disks. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-4i hangs system at boot
    ... RAID10 eats 1/2 of your disks for redundancy. ... the number of drives in the array increases. ... RAID10 is the same whether your array has 4 disks or 40 disks. ... Your LSI card is an HBA with full RAID functions. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-4i hangs system at boot
    ... TB disks to it. ... Should I first create an empty array with "mdadm --create ... Don't partition the drives before creating your md array. ... RAID arrays containing partitions are bad. ...
    (Debian-User)