Re: vista 64 bit / 32 bit confusion please urgent help needed.

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:23:26 -0700, "Curious" <<spammenot@xxxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

A clean install does not mean that you are not upgrading from an existing
installation it just means that no part of the existing installation that
you are upgrading on top of is being used as part of the "clean install".
The files from the old installation are contained in a folder called Windows
Old which you will see as part of the new Clean Installation.

I don't think that's right.

A clean install is accomplished by booting to the media - it wipes
everything and starts afresh. Nothing is saved.

What you are describing is actually what happens when one does an
upgrade and starts the process from within Vista.

  • Re: OT: Office 2007 installation warning
    ... Subject: OT: Office 2007 installation warning ... Have installed a dozen Vista setups, from Home to Ultimate, both in X32 ... After upgrading it, no more problems in the last two months (it is my ... To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
  • Re: OT: Office 2007 installation warning
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
  • Re: Installing second copy of Vista hangs
    ... I meant to say that the Vista License does NOT support two installations in different partitions on the same drive. ... Win7 is more stringent on making sure that you are in fact upgrading or replacing an existing installation. ... You would need to use the "full" edition licence rather than upgrade to do the dual boot setup as described. ... In most cases you wouldn't go on using the earlier version of say MS Office or Adobe Photoshop etc, you'd probably install over the top of the existing installation, or uninstall the old version, install the new and place the CD in the drive when it asks for it; it shouldn't be any different for operating system upgrades. ...
  • Re: Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 upgrade nightmare?
    ... have a smooth installation of Vista SP1 and the installation process itself can arduous and long sometimes looking like it has stalled. ... I am sure once you get the Vista with integrated SP1 you will be able to do an upgrade from your Vista RTM installation. ... am still waiting on my disk from MSoft and will post if it works and if not that I had to do a clean install. ...
  • Re: XP Pro Upgrade or Full Version
    ... clean install and register it under your existing XP registration ... My brother's pc is dying and using the recovery disk doesn't work, ... > it is not necessary to upgrade if you just want your system running the ... > clean installation of XP, have the installation CD for that ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)