Re: vista 64 bit / 32 bit confusion please urgent help needed.

A clean install does not mean that you are not upgrading from an existing installation it just means that no part of the existing installation that you are upgrading on top of is being used as part of the "clean install". The files from the old installation are contained in a folder called Windows Old which you will see as part of the new Clean Installation.
"sniper16" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:097b8259ed654bf671e7f2648708f1a9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

how do i do a C L E A N I N S T A L L with the alternative media for
vista home premium upgrade edition. is it possible?
DDW;802049 Wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:38:18 -0500, sniper16 <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> >yes i realize the requirements. i meet all of them. i do have an e6600
> >processor, which includes the emt64 instruction set. what i want to
> ask
> >is do i have to have xp installed because my vista license is an
> upgrade
> >license. > >

Moving from 32-bit to 64-bit requires a clean install.

C L E A N I N S T A L L.

--
sniper16

  • Re: Upgrade 98 to XP Is it worth it?
    ... perhaps I'm more ignorant than neophytus. ... examples on which the clean install is better than upgrading (even from Home ... but on clean install i noticed a HUGE difference. ... swear 30% on clean to 0% noticeability on upgrade. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4
    ... except that I used Knoppix rather than the Fedora CD, ... is that when I followed the instructions to make a clean install ... > luckily works around a new bug. ... I have never had any problems of this kind when upgrading. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Desktop shortcuts vs Documents and Settingsusernamedesktop
    ... The eight shortcuts showing were in C:\D&S\all ... > to the main users's desktop with Windows Explorer, ... Oh - unless you upgraded your OS before instead of a clean install (and ... those applications were installed prior to the upgrading of the OS) - then ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Upgrading to XP from ME
    ... at least a 400MHz CPU, 5 GB free disk space. ... Then Read Gary Woodruff's article on upgrading to XP at ... Specific advice is to uninstall and system utility ... it should not you can *still* do a clean install, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Upgrading RH 9 to RHEL 3: problems? gotchas? what are your experiences?
    ... I always vote for a clean install. ... upgrading sometimes missed RPM prerequisites ... if your machine presently has a RH9 identity with ... installing RHEL should automatically switch your entitlement ...
    (linux.redhat)