Need script to "opt in" machines for sharing by regular users

In looking at p. 310 of the Windows Vista Adminstrator's Pocket Consultant it
states that an administrator can opt-in a computer for sharing other
resources by regular users by sharing a single file within their own profile.
This then allows a regular user to create shares within their profile
without administrative permissions. I'm looking to automate this procedure
and am finding that by doing this via the GUI that the OS must do something
in the background because when I script it I don't get the same results. A
simple net share statement that creates the equivalent share that the GUI
ultimately creates at C:\Users doesn't yield the same outcome.

Does anyone know how to script this and get the same outcome as doing it
manually via the GUI?

  • Re: MSDN MVPs can you please help me..
    ... somehow your Administrator account has been reduced to guest privledges. ... When loading Windows Media Centre I get this error message: ... Public folder sharing = OFF ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Sharing folders as a Domain User (windows XP prof)
    ... > and have enabled sharing. ... > windows prof workstation as a domain user. ... > sharing of folders. ...
  • Re: Unable to install new software
    ... Sharing and security tab do present. ... All users including Administrator and System have full privileges. ...
  • Re: installing applications
    ... You could try making them power users which while more powerful than a regular users ... is still a long way from an administrator. ... If these are .msi applications or can be converted to .msi applications you can use ... Group Policy to publish or assign the applications to users or computers. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • ASP.NET security issue
    ... - An administrator is able to start the application the first time via the ... regular users are able to start the application via ... 'Failed start monitoring directory changes'. ...