Re: During install "required CD/DVD drive device driver missing"

Update - after fiddling around I changed the ide controller from raid
mode to AHCI setting and vista did boot up properly but the raid array
was destroyed. I think the whole thing is to do with setting up raid
with an sata dvd drive involved?

--
jpye11
jpye11's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jpye11.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • RE: System blue screens and reboots endlessly under Windows XP
    ... You should have installed,1st intel chipset installation utility,then ... > * The boot order in the BIOS is the same as it has been since day one - ... > * There are no problems with the RAID array according to the controller. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Changing Harddrives whilst PC includes a RAID Array
    ... It has two RAID controller chips, of which I use one to controller a RAID 1 ... I decided to make it the boot drive to bring ... The problem arose when I switched in BIOS to make the RAID array the boot ... recong drives at will. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: grub problem
    ... No way to make the system boot. ... How was the raid array created in the first place. ... assemble any raid array for your root device, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Moving E2k3 to a different site
    ... will aloow us to take some of the raid drives, shut down the old server is ... siate A (or even put new drives there and let the Array build itself), ... take the drive we have the RAID array to site B and boot the system. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Acronis vs Ghost
    ... >> True Image is the only one that works w/ RAID setups, ... >> you boot to a raid array. ... if you loose the raid boot drive you ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)