Re: vista 64 bit / 32 bit confusion please urgent help needed.

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:38:18 -0500, sniper16 <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

yes i realize the requirements. i meet all of them. i do have an e6600
processor, which includes the emt64 instruction set. what i want to ask
is do i have to have xp installed because my vista license is an upgrade
license.

Moving from 32-bit to 64-bit requires a clean install.

C L E A N I N S T A L L.

  • Re: vista 64 bit / 32 bit confusion please urgent help needed.
    ... which includes the emt64 instruction set. ... is do i have to have xp installed because my vista license is an upgrade ... my question is how to install this 64 bit disc. ...
  • Re: Difference Between Retail and OEM
    ... You need to purchase a separate Vista license for each computer on which you install it. ... The only way in which Vista licensing differs from that of earlier versions of Windows is that Microsoft has added a copy protection and anti-theft mechanism, Product Activation, to prevent multiple installations using a single license. ...
  • Re: New Store Bought Computer
    ... Actually it doesn't matter which version of the Windows XP install CD ... you get if you're looking at downgrade rights from Vista (only ... right to reuse your Vista license for an XP install. ... Vista license brought up some questions. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Dell Licensing of Vista Premium x64
    ... A Vista license can be used to install either bit version of the operating system. ... If he chooses to at a later point, he can use the license from the 32-bit installation to install the 64-bit version. ... For various reasons including a supposedly incompatible TV tuner card, Dell swapped Vista x64 for x32 and told my friend that he could keep the original Dell Vista Premium x64 disk. ...
  • RE: Slow transition from one HDD to another License Issue
    ... If you install it on the other HD, without entering a Product Key, you should ... be able to trial it for 30 days before activating it. ... same Vista license - with a 32 MB cache. ...