Re: vista 64 bit / 32 bit confusion please urgent help needed.

well its not oem, its an upgrade. Dean Browning;801987 Wrote:
Really, HP told me that I would need to by a full retail version of
64bit.
They say that my cpu or mb will not take the 64bit OEM over the 32bit
OEM

Dean

hi,
heres my situation. i had a pc from velocity micro- it came with an
OEM
version of xp 32 bit home. I bought the upgrade version of windows
vista
home premium 32 bit. im at the point now where i realize that my 4gb
of
ram is not being used in my 32 bit environment. so i ordered the 64
bit
alternative media disc from microsoft.

my question is how to install this 64 bit disc. will i have
activation
problems? do i have to install vista twice? do i really have to
reinstall xp and will that cause problems?

thanks x64 community!

--
sniper16 > >

--
sniper16

  • Re: Windows XP Home Edition Product Key
    ... I never said an upgrade CD would not upgrade an OEM. ... But the upgrade CD should not accept the OEM key affixed to the computer. ... As far as an upgrade cd not updating an OEM install, ... It would be one of the dumbest moves Microsoft ever made. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: XP Pro CD - Retail or OEM?
    ... > me that a retail CD will not work to repair an OEM installation. ... Both OEM and Retail CDs can do a repair but you cannot do one with the other ... (you must use the same sort as you used to install). ... > Is there no way to tell from the copy whether it is retail, oem, upgrade, ...
  • Re: MS Licensing
    ... You might consider upgrading the hardware in those computers having the ... OEM installs of Windows. ... HARDWARE is a single computer system, or shall mean the computer system ... drive and then upgrade it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: License Transfer
    ... OEM software for these purposes. ... >> upgrade just the CPU is it the same machine? ... will I have to repurchase all the Microsoft software for her? ... >>>I was looking at transferring XP home to another person. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: XP 64 OEM
    ... Due to a physical issuel of cpu into motherboard I'm unable to upgrade my cpu and thus must install a new motherboard+cpu. ... Having only just become aware that OEM xp64 professional seems to have limitations regarding hardware upgrades ... There's no requirement for buying a new license each time you repair your computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)