Re: vista 64 bit / 32 bit confusion please urgent help needed.

Really, HP told me that I would need to by a full retail version of 64bit. They say that my cpu or mb will not take the 64bit OEM over the 32bit OEM

Dean

hi,
heres my situation. i had a pc from velocity micro- it came with an OEM
version of xp 32 bit home. I bought the upgrade version of windows vista
home premium 32 bit. im at the point now where i realize that my 4gb of
ram is not being used in my 32 bit environment. so i ordered the 64 bit
alternative media disc from microsoft.

my question is how to install this 64 bit disc. will i have activation
problems? do i have to install vista twice? do i really have to
reinstall xp and will that cause problems?

thanks x64 community!

--
sniper16

  • Re: vista 64 bit / 32 bit confusion please urgent help needed.
    ... This is not OEM? ... sniper16" wrote in message ... >> alternative media disc from microsoft. ... do i have to install vista twice? ...
  • Re: Vista Media-Center in Win7
    ... wie ist es bei "Professional" OEM? ... In allen Versionen von Windows 7, in denen das Media Center enthalten ist, ... Home Premium OEM: Das Konfigurieren des MC geht soweit normal, ... Das Media Center funktioniert auf dem Vor-BS Vista dieses PC einwandfrei. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.sonstiges)
  • Re: Windows 7 Retail vs OEM
    ... OEM 64-bit has only the 64-bit DVD. ... For OEM copies, there is no support from Microsoft apart from the available downloads and knowledge base articles. ... It is probable that Home Premium will meet all your needs. ...
  • Re: Windows 7 oem vs retail
    ... At least some OEM keys works for both on the OEM edition as well; ... install an OEM version of the same edition (for Home Premium, Professional, ... Ultimate) from a retail CD with a different number of bits what you bought. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips)
  • Re: How to obtain 64-bit Vista Home Premium?
    ... The OEM version is only for the release you buy 32 bit or 64 bit and it can not be moved to another motherboard configuration after it has been installed ... You should get the standard retail version for both current and future flexibility. ... > Home Premium. ... > me an OS I don't even want so I then know how to ask Microsoft for the> OS ...