Re: Vista SP1 has crippled my PC!

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 22:57:09 +0300, "Andy G" <georgi66@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Not sure whether we are talking about the same thing. I understood that HP
were suggesting some sort of recovery process that emulated MS System
Restore. And it looked exactly like that. A "table" that appeared to offer
a choice of restore points except it was not populated with any choices....

Welp... I think you said that none of those options worked, right?

To answer your other questions. No I did not delete the D partition, and
Yes I made recovery disks. If I can use the recovery disks; my drive is
not recognised, remember, will that not lose all my installed apps etc etc.
and take me back to Day 1? Not sure I want to do that if I can avoid it.

Like Mick said: set your BIOS to boot from the CD/DVD drive first,
boot to your recovery DVD and then initiate a complete recovery.

You might beg/borrow/steal an external drive to copy all of your
important files to before performing that totally destructive
operation.

And you might give some serious thought about getting backup software
- such as Acronis True Image - and instituting a frequent and
consistetn backup schedule.

  • Re: backups
    ... You boot from the Acronis disk to perform the recovery. ... use the "restore" feature to restore your latest image from the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: cant start, getting message windowssystem32configsystem
    ... restore system to factory settings (i done it ... method on OEM Windows installations; also it uses the Recovery Console, ... Ultimate Boot CD for Windows -- http://www.ubcd4win.com/ ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System file missing or corrupt
    ... That error indicates a corrupt registry. ... Configuration from the Advanced Boot Options menu? ... PC was never configured to create restore points. ... If it has a non destructive recovery option that's good, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: PLEASE HELP! Problem with permissions and security
    ... restore all permission/security settings to their default state. ... and I can't get the boot process to that point. ... >manufacturer it is the OEM equivalent and not a recovery disk or you have ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Root directory files deleted!
    ... Now the PC won't boot. ... In any case, you may want to examine what's missing, and only restore ... Once the filesystems are mounted - ... Random suggestion:;-) If the recovery operation isn't exceedingly ...
    (comp.unix.questions)