Re: During install "required CD/DVD drive device driver missing"

I have just completed a new build and am attempting to install vista
ultimate 64bit. I am setting up a 3 drive raid0 array and my dvd drive
uses an sata connection. During installation just after I select the
language the message "a required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing.
If you have a driver floppy disk, cd dvd or usb flash drive please
insert it now" appears. I can't get past this point as I don't know what
driver it wants!
My current plan is to try an older ide dvd drive which i can do on
friday... But if anyone has any ideas please help!
thanks...

Specs:
MOBO: DFI lanparty x38-t2r
Q6600
4gb g.skill 1066mhz
dvd - samsung sh-203n
hd 4870 crossfire
3X 500gb samsung spinpoint f1's
creative xtreme gamer sound card
(all at stock)

--
jpye11
jpye11's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jpye11.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Vista version - does it matter?
    ... I also recommend that you get the "Premium Upgrade" DVD, ... you'll first install Vista without ... I am running Vista-32 but I do want to move to the 64 bit version. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: VISTA + SP1 error 8024200D
    ... Did you install Vista from the DVD and then install SP1 afterwards, or did you install Vista SP1 from the DVD? ... felipe wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: reboot loop not with updates
    ... I presume you booted in from the dvd? ... A clean reinstall from the dvd would likely do the job. ... Drive Options and do not format the partition. ... on the partition you wish to install Vista and with any luck, ...
  • Re: Installing Vista 32bit (Home Premium OEM)
    ... I am trying to buy Vista 64bit OEM DVD. ... Can I install Vista 32bit by using 64bit OEM DVD and License? ...
  • >>>> DVD DRIVERS <<<<
    ... 110d driver dvd dvr pioneer rw ... acer aspire 5100 dvd rom driver ... device driver sony dvd rw dw-q120a ...
    (rec.boats)