Re: Shrink Volume for dual boot

Just in case anyone else has this problem, I discovered how to get around it. Re-start in safe mode, then got into disk management \ shrink drive that way

Ron

  • Re: CHKDSK /r response not understood - Virus?
    ... Disk Management via control panel admin tools). ... saying "The partition logical drive is currently in use. ... If I boot in safe mode, then everything with checkdisk and disk ... Untick every item under the Startup tab. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OT: unable to delete folders, WinXP
    ... One way is to re-start the computer in Safe Mode and see if the problem ... still persists. ... When asked to re-start your computer click RESTART ...
    (comp.publish.prepress)
  • RE: External USB 2 drive not accessible after upgrade from 2000 to XP
    ... Boot the system in safe mode and try to access the drive, ... persist update your XP to SP2, here is the link how to do it ... > Disk management shows all the pertinent info on the drive and shows it as ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Wont recognize CDs in one drive - wont recognize DVDs or CDs in other drive.
    ... I booted into Safe Mode. ... So I went to Disk Management and reassigned my storage HD ... I have, for years, assigned to the read only drives and to the RW ... It should free up the high letters ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • MMC hangs at disk management
    ... Dual core Athlon 3800+ ... I did a scan in safe mode with Win Defender and Ad Aware - nothing found. ... I can peruse the event viewer, and do all the things available there, until I click on disk management. ... The problem is that it has been more than 6 months since I last accessed the disk management utility, so I cannot know how long it has been since it took a shyte. ...