Re: How can I save my data before reinstalling vista

Tara Roper-Washington;798842 Wrote:
My hard drive went crazy (emachine) I would like to recover my data
before
they change out my hard drive again. when I boot up it gives me two
choices
bios setting and F10 to boot. I can not access safe mode to backup and
dont have a bootable cd. I do have another computer with vista to make
bootable cd if I knew what files to copy. Is there anyway I can save
my data
before trying to reinstall or send it back to gateway for another hard
drive
--
Help Please?????

you may be able to drag it off by plugging the HDD into that other rig
as a slave :)

--
skunksmash

E2180 @ 3.2ghz
arctic cooler pro 775
4GB gskill HZ @ 1050mhz
Asus P5K premium
160GB seagate 7200
coloursit 600w psu
PNY 8800GT 512mb

  • Re: [opensuse] Grub Error 21 (SOLVED)
    ... conceded to have a dual boot install of OpenSUSE 10.3 ... Do you have a BIOS setting that allows you to set your second hard drive a "bootable" as well. ... I have a Gigabyte board that requires the drives to be specifically set as bootable to be able to boot from those drives. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: "No Screen" error when running F10-i686-Live-KDE and Nvidia GEForce 7000M
    ... I am having an issue with running and installing the F10 Live KDE CD. ... text install until I change the driver the kernel uses at boot time. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: sysprep
    ... The computer will not boot from my floppy which I ... > need to for Ghost after using sysprep. ... > This appears to be a BIOS setting. ...
  • Re: XP Hard Driver will not boot
    ... and then after the Bios setting and then the correct lists on the black ... You need to boot on something, so start by booting the XP Recovery ... Boot your PC into the XP Recovery Console using a bootable XP ... you will have to reboot the system again. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cant recover from Dell CD
    ...  I have the factory recovery CD and when I boot from it, ... just after the "Setup is starting Windows" message. ... Didn't get a BSOD, but the machine locked up at the same point as with ... it's something to do with a BIOS setting for the ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)