How can I save my data before reinstalling vista

My hard drive went crazy (emachine) I would like to recover my data before
they change out my hard drive again. when I boot up it gives me two choices
bios setting and F10 to boot. I can not access safe mode to backup and I
dont have a bootable cd. I do have another computer with vista to make a
bootable cd if I knew what files to copy. Is there anyway I can save my data
before trying to reinstall or send it back to gateway for another hard drive
--
Help Please?????

  • [Additional Summary] Recovery backups to slightly different hardware
    ... recover a Sun Blade 100 to a Sun Enterprise 250 (of which I have several ... Set up replacement machine with appropriate tape drive, CD, and boot ... Boot off Solaris 9 Install CDROM, choose language, when it asks about ... mount the partition you are going to recover. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: NTLDR is Missing....
    ... To recover the mbr of a single (not a dual boot system) boot to the A: ... prompt using a Win98 boot disk. ...
  • Re: Recovering Data on a Failing Hard Drive
    ... I've spent the weekend since trying ot recover what data I can. ... The first thing I should address is the issue of backups. ... When I boot it up as a Slave, I can boot into XP from the other hard ... partition was completly unavailable. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: HELP !!!!!!1
    ... I will attempt to create a bootable pmagic diskette and attempt to recover ... Kind regards. ... won't boot beyond the initial XP Splash screen. ... I have just used partition magic to partition some of my drives and i ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Encrypted Files
    ... You can recover them - at least in theory, ... Leave the HD as a slave - ... boot from a master HD running XP. ... over to the FAT partition. ...