Re: Setup failure

Hi, again, Roberto.

Please see my response to your other, apparently identical, post.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Roberto Cornielle" <whoisit@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uUIQJgi9IHA.4524@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Trying to install Vista Business but it fails just after the point
were you have inputed the Product Key and regional details and you have the
screen which says "installing now, please waite..." nothing further
happens - just the hour glass.

Machine specs are :

Antec NSK4000B Case with 500W Power Supply
MSI K9 NEO3 MoBo
AMD A64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ AM2 CPU
1 X 2GB Kingston 800MHz Hyper RAM
MSI NX8400 GS TD256E Graphics card
WD 250GB JS Caviar SATA11 HDD
Pioneer DVR-216 SATA Optical Drive
All above are new components

Things I have tried

Swapped out all components bar MoBo & CPU
Set BIOS to "fail safe".
Run WD diagnostics on HDD and memtest86 on RAM
Checked MSI site for BIOS update, although nothing specific comes up relating
to a hang during setup, I have flashed the BIOS with the latest available update.
Tried installing to a raw HDD and allowing setup to create partition[s]
Partitioning to30GB primary with BootitNG, rest as logical in extended partition
before running setup .

Oddly enough I can succesfully install and use XP Pro on this
machine so this tends to rule out bad hardware, also the Vista DVD
will install to a machine with an MSI K9 NEO2 MoBo, so DVD appears to be good.

Has anyone seen this behaviour in a simillar setup ?.
all help appreciated

rgds
Roberto

  • Re: XP Install Problem?
    ... that ain't much of a choice in the BIOS Setup!!! ... - Network Boot Protocol ... I even tried installing an old copy of ME but when it started ...
  • Re: XP Install Problem?
    ... in setup but this computers setup did not have that option. ... I even tried installing an old copy of ME but when it started ... installing it it asked me BOOT SECTOR WRITE!! ... What seems likely is that your BIOS has bend setup in a specific fashion and ...
  • Re: ntkrnlmp.exe
    ... If the CD is not bootable or if the computer BIOS doesn't support booting from the CD-ROM then you will have to use the 4 setup floppies. ... As to making a bootable image with a non-booting disk I don't have experience to advise you on that, ... though it was for installing XP not 2000. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)
  • Re: Installation problem
    ... So long as the hour glass is working, Vista Setup is probably busy behind the scenes. ... MSI K9 NEO3 MoBo ... Tried installing to a raw HDD and allowing setup to create partition ...