Re: Where are the IE7 cookies stored on Vista

On Aug 5, 2:33 pm, Paul Montgomery <nonnymo...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 12:16:58 -0500, Brink <gu...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Tek,

Cookies in Vista are stored at:

C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low

AND

C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies

AND in the Temporary Internet Files folder which you can't see without
turning off UAC.

I actually think that folder is the primary repository, and the others
are some kind of mirror.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/60641-cookies.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

tek;795988 Wrote:
I upgraded to Vista from XP Home. I successfully imported my favorites
and cookies from the old XP machine to the Vista machine. I discovered
the location of my favorites but I can't find where Vista IE7 stored
my cookies. Can someone point me to the right folder location to the
cookies. I want to add the cookies folder to my backup routine.- Hide quoted text -

Got it, thanks to all.

  • Re: Cookie Removal
    ... I don't mean to be obsessed with Temp Int Files. ... location of the Cookies folder on my PC. ... Please stop trying to find cookies in the 'Temporary Internet Files' folder, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: clearing history and stored web addresses
    ... Deletes the History folder. ... you go the distance and do a Deltree on TIF and Cookie folders. ... Safely Delete the Temporary Internet Files ... TIF and Cookies are in quite separate physical folders. ...
  • RE: Cookie Killer *.bat file that you all have requested :)
    ... You can use %username% variable instead of Administrator to hit the ... > cleans most of the internet rubbish any computer ... > Internet explorer and Netscape browsers, cookies ... > folder, and then go to the other folders, and try ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Deleting Cookies (Cookies vs. Temporary Internet File folders)
    ... (From MS MVP's for IE.OE and Windows 95-XP). ... FYI - I cleared my TIP folder by accessing it thru Explorer. ... THAT ALSO CLEARED MY Cookies folder!!! ... > empty the Temporary Internet Files folder. ...
  • Cookie Killer *.bat file that you all have requested :)
    ... develop further this bat file. ... cleans most of the internet rubbish any computer accumulates whilst ... cookies are stored not just ... Content.IE5 folder and deleting the contents. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)