My Documents & Personal Drives

Hello,

Since moving some of my users to Vista, I've noticed a strange thing
happening in regard to changing the path of MY DOCUMENTS and the users
home/personal drives.

For example, if I have a user named Mike Jones and he has a home drive that
is mapped to H: and the path is \\server\users\JonesM, when I change the path
of Documents to H:, the JonesM folder gets renamed to DOCUMENTS. Which can
get confusing when you have more than one user who has been moved to Vista
and you see a list of folders named DOCUMENTS over and over again.

If I browse to the \\server\users folder via an XP computer, I see the
folder names correctly (JonesM), but if I browse to the folder using a Vista
computer, all I see are DOCUMENTS folders.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

  • Re: filename is too long or contains illegal caracters
    ... which version of Vista are you using? ... past told me they don't know anything about Publisher). ... Do you upload to a particular folder on ... Per you suggestion, I tried to Add a Network Location in "Computer", ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: filename is too long or contains illegal caracters
    ... I have been working with Microsoft Publisher Support about this problem ... can drag and drop my files onto the web site. ... which version of Vista are you using? ... Do you upload to a particular folder ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: filename is too long or contains illegal caracters
    ... Do you upload to a particular folder on your ... Per you suggestion, I tried to Add a Network Location in "Computer", but I ... The only difference is Vista. ... Open Publisher & create & save in normal way. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: what &^% is desktop anyway?
    ... your muddled misunderstanding and froggy native-boy innocence as you detonate the time_bomb known as Vista reminds me so much of ... ... your "desktop" folder is a virtual folder. ... I'd disable and/or delete windows desktop entirely. ... foresight to have a second cloned disk of the 32 bit drive so I could go back and get ALL my stuff that Microsoft deleted from two drives at once. ...
  • Re: Word 2007 has stopped working on Vista Home Premium
    ... I probably earlier said it was worse when I tried to open a file first than using the shortcut icon on the desktop, but should have clarified that I normally use start/computer rather than than windows/e to open these files. ... I called them and was told the only driver available now is the one that comes with Vista. ... When I click the desktop icon, it is less than 50% crashes. ... I don't know how to find the startup folder in Vista. ...