Re: I goofed something during install and ended up with multiple computer names

I removed Once Care and the 'computer' still exists.
Any Idea on how to delete it?

"Michael Walraven" <mexxwalraven@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uUX5Egj9IHA.1204@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxx-OC is created by Microsoft's One Care (so I have read elsewhere, I don't have it so cannot confirm that).

Michael

"FireBrick" <w9ol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:urO4uSj9IHA.4468@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
somehow, during install, I ended up with two Computer Names listings in
'Network and
sharing' that are 'almost identical'
And I think that's what's hindering my ability to network easily with my XP
machine.
(I only have one way file transfers, Vista -> XP)

In 'View computers and devices'
I have :

MEDIA
MEDIA2-PC-OC

In both I have nearly duplicate drives
Media shows drives of
c (lower case)
Medea (C) 'mispelled '
Media (C) 'correctly spelled '

In MEDIA2-PC-OC
I have the same drives as listed above

I am the only user.

How do I clean this installation mess up?
I wish to keep it simple and clean and want to only see
MEDIA
and inside MEDIA I only want to see the correctly spelled drive of
Media (C)

Please and thank you.

--
-----------------------------
Bill H. in Chicagoland

  • Re: NTBackup error from XP to network hard drive
    ... What is the speed of the network card in both computers? ... There are a lot of people who get the same error with external drives which ... The device reported an error on a request to write data to media. ... I have review MS reports 817688, 828402 and 240392, but none of them ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problems Installing FC5
    ... >Suse Live disk - I get a network connection, ... Use different media, either a different brand or a different type. ... Such upgrades will teach the burner about current media ... you will find new firmware for these old drives. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: LDOS or XENIX wanted for the 16 ,6000 (long)
    ... up with a diskette formatter willing to lay a 3740 disk format on ... Most post-MFM hard disk drives also have track 0 nearest the spindle, ... destroying media, scraping furrows on both sides so you can see through ... mounting is so fragile that most people who try to clean them manually ...
    (comp.sys.tandy)
  • I goofed something during install and ended up with multiple computer names
    ... somehow, during install, I ended up with two Computer Names listings in ... And I think that's what's hindering my ability to network easily with my XP ... In both I have nearly duplicate drives ... Media 'correctly spelled ' ...
  • I goofed during setup and created extra Computer names & drives
    ... somehow, during install, I ended up with two listing in 'Network and sharing' that are 'almost identical' ... In both I have nearly duplicate drives ... Media 'correctly spelled ' ... How do I clean this installation mess up? ...