Re: 64 bit Vista installation issue

When you try to install are you booting from the one of the Installation DVDs or instead are you trying to run the SetUp program on them from another running OS?

"baldmonkey" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9d556afb5019ff4c743da9c8b3c9b1bc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've been trying to figure out lately why I am unable to install Vista
Home Premium 64 bit on my system. When I start the installation, I get
to where it finishes the "initializing setup" part, but the installation
screen itself never appears. All I get is a BSOD and I have to restart
my computer. I was just wondering if someone here could tell me if
there are any glaring compatibility issues between my hardware and vista
64 bit. I know the answer to this should be obvious, but it seems like
some part of my hardware is not actually 64 bit. Wouldn't be the worst
thing in the world, but I would like to know since I thought it all was.

Intel Pentium 4 EE 3.7Ghz Processor
MSI P4N Diamond Motherboard
2 x 1GB 240 pin DDR2
2 x Nvidia 7800GT Video Cards
WD Raptor SATA 80GB
Seagate IDE 250GB

--
baldmonkey

  • Recover Ad/domain controller test new hardware
    ... I have been testing Recovering from a hardware failure of the AD. ... an in-place upgrade repair. ... When the Setup program finds the damaged installation, ...
  • Re: Recover Ad/domain controller test new hardware
    ... Basically i never got a backup installed on new hardware, it always ends in a blue screen. ... an in-place upgrade repair. ... When the Setup program finds the damaged installation, ...
  • Re: ie patches - deploying
    ... > ie patches in an enterprise. ... These are the command line switches for IE updates, ... /r:n - Never restarts the computer after installation. ... where dahotfix is, in this case, the name of the encapsulated setup program. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: SP3 Invalid instance name
    ... > MSDE SP2. ... > to run the setup program to apply SP3) ... > setup program to generate the verbose installation log file. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: copying files to disk and transferring
    ... > downloaded to the xp and load them onto to laptop to do basic stuff. ... > laptop is four years old, and has windows me. ... fledged installation. ... If the setup program does not contain multiple file sets, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)