Re: 64 bit Vista installation issue

If you post the details of the BSOD we may be able to point you in the right direction. It is very likely a hardware problem or a driver not compatible with Vista. Posting the full details of the BSOD may give a clue.

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

"baldmonkey" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:755d27a7ffe7848c77680e16785e9237@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, I tried that and it didn't seem to help. My BIOS is now up to
date and still the same problem. Thanks for the tip though. This has
to be the most mind boggling thing I've ever encountered in a computer.

--
baldmonkey

  • Re: BSOD Upon First Booup of the Day
    ... You may find that the BSOD was the result of a hardware problem. ... This morning on the first bootup of the day, I experienced the BSOD. ... about five minutes and pressed the power butter again and the bootup was ... "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: UnInstalled Norton Now windows wont boot
    ... Symantec offers a number of specific removal tools, ... windows load screen and then displays the BSOD. ... hardware problem and says i should start in Safe Mode and install any new ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: USB HDD causing BSoD
    ... I should also remark that the HDDs do operate fine for as much as two ... before the BSoD shows up. ... I therefore don't believe I have a hardware problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: UnInstalled Norton Now windows wont boot
    ... Symantec offers a number of specific removal tools, ... windows load screen and then displays the BSOD. ... hardware problem and says i should start in Safe Mode and install any ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: wont boot
    ... I found a Dell for $399 that looked interesting. ... This is very clearly a hardware problem, ... After you find out what's wrong and how much it will cost to fix it, ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)