Re: Install components from Home Premium

Hi,

As Mick has indicated, no that's not possible.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"NSA" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OPFgJCe9IHA.6052@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Home Premium is a retaul disk, however, the installed Home Basic is a post SP1 whereas the retail Home Premium is pre-Sp1. Is there any way to install the Home Premium without going through a clean installation?

NSA

"Rick Rogers" <rick@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eBHkted9IHA.1812@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Provided it's a retail disk and not an OEM full disk, you should be able to use it to upgrade the existing installation provided they (both the existing installation and the disk you are using) are at the same service pack level. This means that you can't a) use a pre-sp1 disk to upgrade a post-sp1 installation and b) use an OEM disk for anything but a clean installation.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"NSA" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23USp3Od9IHA.5756@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have an OEM version of Home Basic that came installed with my new computer purchase. I also have a new and unused full version of Home Premium that I purchased prior to my computer purchase. I would like to install some features from the Premium that are not included with the Basic, i.e. file backup and create DVD. Can this be accomplished without a full installation of Home Premium?

NSA

  • Re: Install components from Home Premium
    ... Your preinstalled OEM SP1 sees the Home Premium disk as an earlier version, ... install the Home Premium without going through a clean installation? ...
  • Re: Install components from Home Premium
    ... The Home Premium is a retaul disk, however, the installed Home Basic is a post SP1 whereas the retail Home Premium is pre-Sp1. ... Provided it's a retail disk and not an OEM full disk, you should be able to use it to upgrade the existing installation provided they are at the same service pack level. ... This means that you can't a) use a pre-sp1 disk to upgrade a post-sp1 installation and b) use an OEM disk for anything but a clean installation. ...
  • Re: Spell checking
    ... that you can get a bad installation. ... What is the difference between Empty Trash and Empty Trash Securely? ... the disk file table to mark the file as "available for overwriting". ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.excel)
  • Re: Can you reduce bloated Windows Folder to increase disk space on La
    ... Installed Windows XP Home Edition SP1 from disk, ... Restore Point created and System files backed up in installation ... Highlight one of your drives and click on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Need help to reanimate an AT&T AT&T 3B1/7300 UNIX-PC
    ... it available in source code format, and some people played with it. ... to clear the height of a full-height disk drive. ... diagnostics on the installation floppys for things like the ethernet ... installation -- but not the one which could handle formatting a second ...
    (comp.sys.3b1)