Re: WET not easy & not transferring

If you have Business or above, there is a System Backup in vista, but not in
Basic, or premium.
Forget WET.
And, if you don't want to use Acronis to do a full backup, copy your Data to
flash drive/memory stick!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"RipperT @nOsPaM.nEt>" wrote:

I'll rephrase. How can I get Windows Easy Transfer to transfer my files and
settings?

Rip

"DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
If you want 'everything' backed up use an Imaging application, Acronis
True Image & Symantec Ghost being two, there are others.
WET is not going to save 'everything'

"Ripper" <ripper@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am trying to create a backup of an HP Vista laptop with 2 physical
drives so I can send it to HP to have the LCD screen replaced under
warranty. I am using the migwiz.exe like I am going to migrate all my
stuff to a new machine because that would be the worst case scenario. I
don't want just my data backed up, I want everything. I don't expect HP to
mess with the drives, but you never know. The intention is to restore the
latop in case HP totally botches it. I am running the migwiz from the
Vista laptop and collecting everything over my network to an XP machine
with more than enough disk space. The collection of files and settings
begins, but every time it gets to the collction of accessibility settings,
it fails.

"Windows Easy Transfer failed. Migwiz will now be canceled" (or words
similar). I get no explanation or indication of why it is failing. This
has happened 3 times, the third time I mapped a network drive to the
vista machine (as opposed to navigating to the directory's path via the
network) and there was no change. How can I get Windows "Easy" "Transfer"
to actually collect and transfer my stuff? Parden my frustration, but
this is my 3rd experience with WET and it has never worked correctly for
me.
Many thanx,

Ripper

.