Re: Want to Reformat have questions

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 21:36:00 -0700, spikevash13
<spikevash13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a Lenovo N100 laptop that only has 30 Gigs left of the like 120 but I
dont know how I got down that far anyways. But my problem is when I bought
the laptop it did not come with a vista cd. So I was wondering how can I
reformat this computer? And if I do reformat it somehow will the programs it
came with be on there? or will it be just vista like I think?

Do you still have the "D" partition? That has all that you need to
take your computer back to out-of-the-box condition. If it's still
there - and not damaged - you should burn a DVD from it NOW.

Instructions should be somewhere on your system... or should be
findable on the mfr website.

If you can't find them, you should have a way during booting to enter
recovery mode by tapping one of the Function keys - probably F11.

  • Re: Best Buy Vista Return Policy
    ... Vista had ZERO to do with it. ... If you bought defective Macs from ... or three Sony Vaios that had trouble connecting to our dorm network. ... When she took the laptop out of the box, ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • Re: OT - my new laptop
    ... I bought a new laptop last week and am in the process of setting it up ... There is stuff that you need to know if you plan to updgrade to Vista. ... big one is the display adaptor, and monitor resolution, which can determine ... And, congrats on the new laptop, I'm envious! ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Want to dump Vista for XP on my new Dell Studio laptop
    ... Is it hard to find the correct XP drivers for the Studio laptop hardware or will the Vista drivers cd that came with the laptop also work with XP? ... Doing this technically is not a problem for me as I build computers and know what to do, but is it worth the time to reformat the hard drive and install XP in terms of improved performance? ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: OT: Windows 8
    ... been out a year or two, to coincide with my new pc purchases. ... [I bought an XP laptop after Vista came out.] ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Inbox messages delayed or not coming through
    ... I used to have a Windows XP computer. ... Since this one crashed I bought a ... laptop with Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)