Re: 64 bit Vista installation issue

Are you sure your CPU supports the Intel EMT64 instruction set which is required to run 64bit vista? I could not find any reference that stated that it did.
Are you saying that the Vista32 bit installation DVD will not boot on your system? That is strange since you can install either 32bit or 64bit Vista on a 64 Bit capable system.
What format is your disk formatted in?

"baldmonkey" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0913f80350e4d5867a03b93cb0cdaf2f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would do that, but the disk will not run in a 32 bit environment; and
when I try to boot from the dvd, it doesn't even get that far.

--
baldmonkey

  • Re: XP/Vista/7 triple boot problem
    ... I had a perfectly good dual boot Vista and XP system until I ... I installed Windows 7 RC to a new partition on the Vista (slave ... my install is the same - the files are almost exactly the same (as ...
  • Re: Dual Boot Instructions
    ... I ended up reinstalling Vista, ... The boot SECTOR is not the bootLOADER. ... finds the partition table for that HDD and sees that the first partition is ... violated, we no longer can simply install WinXP, install Vista and ...
  • Re: Dual Boot Instructions
    ... WinXP Setup WILL "corrupt" the Vista boot SECTOR. ... On the next reboot, when the system finds the HDD currently designated as the boot device and looks at the first physical sector, it finds the partition table for that HDD and sees that the first partition is Active so it reads the first physical sector of that partition. ...
  • Re: Multiple Vista boot options
    ... There would be a boot sector on both the XP and Vista drives. ... My goal was to install XP Pro on Drive 1 rather than Drive 0. ...
  • Re: Please help! Multi-boot option not working anymore
    ... First, when I boot up, I do see Vista's System Recovery Options ... list) does not repair the startup. ... repair mbr so that I can get vista up & running. ...