Re: is there a way to by pass vista desktop and boot straight medi

Oh well I miss read it. It does work with C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe.

"David B." <mail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eo38WDA9IHA.2064@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
He's wanting to use Media Center, not Media Player, the exe is ehome.exe I believe.

Crosspost, do not multipost
How to ask a question

"PaulM" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ukWB6c%238IHA.3336@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just do this: go here and replace explorer.exe with
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell", "explorer.exe"

Change to:
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell","C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe /prefetch:1"

or what ever.