AMD Phenom
4GB RAM (2x 2GB)
BioStar TA770 A2+
Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX

SATA 0 Western Digital HDD
SATA 1 CD/DVD
No IDE drives

First of all...

1. Unbuntu installed without ANY problems and ran fine
2. Tried to install XP as well but it would freeze at "Starting Up
Windows" during installation.
3. Removed 1 DIMM so I'm left with 1 x 2GB Dimm

I didn't really configure anything special in the BIOS until now.
Insert the Vista x64 DVD into the drive, asks for CD boot, copies files
to hard drive and after it's finished I get a BlueScreen with
Machine_Exception error.

Do I have to configure anything special since it's a Quad Core or
because I don't have any IDE drives and only SATA ones?

I build computers before and always had a problem or two but always
solved them. Hoping to solve this one as well. Thanks :)

--
Patrickssj6

  • Re: Can I clone an IDE drive to a SATA drive?
    ... Time to clone the original IDE drive. ... to a SATA drive, it didn't work. ... any suggestions on moving my boot disk from IDE to SATA? ... image still points to the "missing" IDE drives?? ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Can I clone an IDE drive to a SATA drive?
    ... to a SATA drive, it didn't work. ... any suggestions on moving my boot disk from IDE to SATA? ... restored image still points to the "missing" IDE drives?? ... If you clone XP from partition X on one HD to partition Y on ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Another hard drive cloud on the horizon
    ... clear if they converted an ide drive to sata or an ide mother board to ... sata or if they auto detected and performed both functions. ... buy new IDE drives that are RiscPC compatible but we can get Iyonix ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.hardware)
  • Re: Can I clone an IDE drive to a SATA drive?
    ... to a SATA drive, it didn't work. ... any suggestions on moving my boot disk from IDE to SATA? ... Boot into windows with your IDE drive like normal, install the SATA chipset drivers in windows. ... but the internal mapping for C and D from the restored image still points to the "missing" IDE drives?? ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Can I clone an IDE drive to a SATA drive?
    ... to a SATA drive, it didn't work. ... any suggestions on moving my boot disk from IDE to SATA? ... chipset drivers in windows. ... image still points to the "missing" IDE drives?? ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)