Missing Compatibility Tab

I've noticed that on my copy of Windows Vista I am missing my
Compatibility Tab in my Properties window. It shows as follows:

General Shortcut Security Details Previous Versions

Searching Google has proved mostly useless, though I did find a forum
post on another Windows website but no solution was determined there.
At least I know that I may not be the only one to have had this problem.

I did find the page on using application shortcuts by creating new
strings in regedit instead of an actual tab. I think that should work
just as well, though I'd like to know if there is a known solution or
patch for this problem.

Any thoughts?

--
ThePickler

  • RE: Win 16 Subsystem
    ... >>I am trying to run an old FoxPro application and when I do ... >>the program locks up at startup and it gives me an error ... Click on the Compatibility tab, ... app in Windows 95 ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Error Problem
    ... I do not have a compatibility tab. ... But it also says I have SP2. ... I'll just have to make sure that Windows ... is your Movie Maker version... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Running an application from a network drive
    ... You could try running the application in compatibility mode. ... shortcut and pick the compatibility tab. ... There are three stations that use this same executable with Windows ... installing the application on each computer if I can avoid it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Installing programs on Windows XP designed for an earlier vers
    ... If the software is meant to run in Windows 98 then you select Windows 98 ... compatibility tab and then placing a tick in the box next to the 'run this ... program in compatibility mode for' and clicking the arrow in the dialogue ... so I was unable to install the program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: running a 16-bit MS-DOS based program in Windows XP
    ... > game is called Constructor and i have done almost everything i can think of ... Go to shortcut properties and go to the ... Compatibility tab. ... select Windows 95. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.mmedia)