Re: add slave drive from xp to vista computer

You did not read me right. The old computers don't care. But the newer computer run much faster. At the higher frequencies too much crosstalk (interference) is generated on the old cables. The newer 40-pin/80-wire cables are required. The extra wires are there to ground out the crosstalk. The cable may work perfectly well in an older computer. But that is not the issue. The issue is the new computer. If it is a 40-pin/40-wire IDE cable it won't work for you under Vista on a newer computer.

"ind_123" <dhulapati@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:38c69f21-8be8-4ef8-b6bb-c71fd9f1faa6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This IDE cable works for sure. It worked in the old machine.

  • Re: Sata cabling
    ... it's a false assumption due to the inherent crosstalk ... problems between adjacent signal carrying conductors in the Parallel ATA ... Hence, serial cables can be, and are, much faster. ... transmission path that more closely resembles an 'ideal' transmission line. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Line-levels thru XLRs
    ... >>cables seperatly from the mic cables to avoid the crosstalk /feedback ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Poor Recording Quality on Certain Channels
    ... I had a similar problem recently with channel 3. ... and finally figured out it was getting crosstalk. ... or laying the cable alongside power cables, ... but nothing else is recording at the time 24 is recording. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Line-levels thru XLRs
    ... >cables seperatly from the mic cables to avoid the crosstalk /feedback ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Driving 0.5km CAT5
    ... simplicity, cost and reliability. ... I considered coax before CAT5. ... cables or coding the two signals. ... less than coax or CAT5 and would be immune to interference. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)