Re: add slave drive from xp to vista computer
- From: "Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnhorst@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:14:23 -0600
You did not read me right. The old computers don't care. But the newer computer run much faster. At the higher frequencies too much crosstalk (interference) is generated on the old cables. The newer 40-pin/80-wire cables are required. The extra wires are there to ground out the crosstalk. The cable may work perfectly well in an older computer. But that is not the issue. The issue is the new computer. If it is a 40-pin/40-wire IDE cable it won't work for you under Vista on a newer computer.
"ind_123" <dhulapati@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:38c69f21-8be8-4ef8-b6bb-c71fd9f1faa6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This IDE cable works for sure. It worked in the old machine.
- Prev by Date: Problems after installing Vista Service Pack??
- Previous by thread: Re: add slave drive from xp to vista computer
- Next by thread: Re: dual boot 32 and 64