Re: Re-Installation of Vista Home Premium (32 bit)

No Windows product key expires due to reinstallation of the software on the same hardware.

Regardless of whether the software is OEM or retail, it may be reinstalled repeatedly without requiring a new pk. The only exception would be an OEM pk when both a motherboard and system hard drive have been replaced with non-repair replacements. Repair replacements (same exact models) are OK.

"Mohammed" <Mohammed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:26104FF8-737E-4EF8-BA96-39985FECFD97@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Product key ...

What license would Sidd have to purchase again? That does not sound right.

> Hi Sidd,
>
> If you re-install the operating system obviously you have to purchase > the
> lisence once again but to avoid that and to remove the startup item > Follow
> these steps given below:
>
> Goto start> Regedit>enter> Hkey-Local Machine
>>software>Microsoft>windows>Current version> hightlight Run>on the right
>>Pane
> and delete the all the entries except Default and then Goto
> Start>Hkey-Current User>software>Microsoft>windows>Current version>
> hightlight Run>on the right Pane and delete the all the entries except
> Default and then restart the system in normal mode you will not find > the
> startup item traces again,
>
> "Sidd" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am facing problems with the registry of the OS. When I install new
>> software, I get some unusual error messages pointing to registry... >> When
>> try to uninstall old software, it leaves traces of the software even >> on
>> the
>> Start up Menu.
>>
>> Can I do a format of the entire hard disk, reinstall Vista Home >> Premium
>> (32
>> bit) again ?? Will it consider my old license or do I need to purchase >> an
>> additional license ?
>>
>> If I do a clean installation of the entire OS, what will be the case >> for
>> Microsoft Office Student Edition 2003 ? Will it consume additional
>> license if
>> I clean install it ?
>>
>> Let me know.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sidd.

  • Re: Second hand PC XP License
    ... reinstallation cd, can I format the harddisk and reinstall with the ... licensed owner of the win xp os? ... The OEM license ties it to the original computer it'sinstalled on, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Copying the registry
    ... is your XP Professional copy a Retail one or an OEM one? ... need to do a clean installation of XP Home). ... which is that its license ties it permanently to the first computer ...
  • Re: Installing new XP Home
    ... Can I use this new XP for a reinstallation? ... OEM is provided to people who build PCs and will support the product rather than MS. ... Its cheaper to MS since they don't support you, ... Then there are generic OEM CDs and OEM CDs that are locked to the motherboard they are designed for. ...
  • Re: Converting Office Web Components 2000 ->2003
    ... If they do not have an Office 2000 license, then they are not entitled to ... > the web-components within the website still do not work. ... > reinstallation with old office CD-ROM is not an option as ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.web.components)
  • Re: Corrupted registry, Windows doesn´t start sometimes
    ... XP-Home-installation (OEM). ... shipped with the installation for reinstallation/repairing. ... update and not a fully reinstallation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)