Re: add slave drive from xp to vista computer

If you carried an IDE cable over as well, consider replacing it. Some older cables are the 40-pin/40-wire type and those will not work for you.

"ind_123" <dhulapati@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:798e8a9a-123f-42fa-b773-b5d2e83ce9d7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a HD form old computer and want to add install it in the new
computer with vista. BIOS recognizes the slave drive but vista keeps
checking as a continuously before starting up.

I tried to add slave drive after bootup. The vista again recognizes
the drive and installed the drivers for it. After that it didn't let
me access the harddrive.

Can anyone help?

  • Re: Full Diskette On File Replace
    ... copy physically starts, then bugs out if insufficient free space, so the new ... but they forgot to impliment the replacing origonal ... behavior' for Vista or perhaps something specific to this Dell XPS 420 ... In Vista I will also get a prompt but if the amount of free space is ...
  • Re: Just plain fucked...
    ... After replacing it and reloading everything, ... DOS programs. ... The printer drivers ... With Vista it was actually the other way around, a long time after its introduction even new equipment and software came with the note "sorry, not Vista-compatible". ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: constant crashes with bsod
    ... Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Ultimate ... one if we had the same motherboard. ... Adjusted the bios settings for my ram ... replacing the PSU ...
  • constant crashes with bsod
    ... Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Ultimate ... one if we had the same motherboard. ... Adjusted the bios settings for my ram ... replacing the PSU ...
  • Replaced SCSI adapter, system won’t boot.
    ... renamed copy of the SCSI adapters driver and replacing it with the ... I?m running Vista Ultimate upgraded to SP1. ...