add slave drive from xp to vista computer

I have a HD form old computer and want to add install it in the new
computer with vista. BIOS recognizes the slave drive but vista keeps
checking as a continuously before starting up.

I tried to add slave drive after bootup. The vista again recognizes
the drive and installed the drivers for it. After that it didn't let
me access the harddrive.

Can anyone help?

  • Re: Reminder: Windows XP Runs Natively On Intel Macs
    ... "insert the XP CD or the Vista DVD when the ... partition, my current Vista partition, and the DVD drive containing ... This is why you have to select a boot volume in the BIOS. ... put the Vista install DVD in the drive, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • How I fixed my Vista Print Spooler Problems
    ... putchased Vista Ultimate with the intent to upgrade my XP system. ... errors stemming from the Print Spooler Service. ... with an upgrade install of Vista Ultimate. ... I attempted to manually clean all my drivers and registry changes ...
  • Re: replacing Vista with XP/w2k and possible problems with drivers
    ... My complaint is about MS who forced HP to sell computers with VISTA only. ... Your statement that HP is happy to supply computers with XP would seem to be false, if it did not provide XP-compatible drivers for your model. ... You probably are aware that they do not supply system install disks. ...
  • Re: XP installation software drives & activation problem
    ... u think xp SP3 is better than vista in this case? ... xp drivers some not able to install using the Acer DVD even when i tried to ... install manually or automatically. ... only Atheros type of wLan in the Acer DVD. ...
  • Re: Installing XP-Pro
    ... Following instructions from the web, I used Vista to create a new, ... The disk spins, various programs are read from it ok, and then when it ... hit the F6 key to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver. ... Usually these drivers can be obtained from the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)