Re: resetting default profile

"cjh7103" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1ef46a07ae8bb1af1aadfb17036695d2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would like to reset my default porfile back to windows defaults.
Brief History: The computer was imaged with the wrong default
profile,
and i would like to start the profile over from scratch. Any ideas on
the best way to do this? I need ALL settings reset to windows
defaults.

Since the default user profile is the only place these settings are
stored, and yours has been changed, the only way that comes to mind is
to grab the default user registry hive from a computer that has the
settings you want. It will be in C:\Users\Default\ntuser.dat

Hope this helps.

Dave

  • RE: Outlook2003: where is the email account info stored for the p
    ... The Save My Settings Wizard that comes ... > Office settings from one Windows profile to another. ... > Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming: ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Joining XP Client to SBSR2
    ... make sure the Windows XP has applied all Windows updates. ... Reset Internet Explorer settings, ... Click the Advanced tab, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Please Read - Windows XP and Roaming Profiles
    ... It's concerning the Windows XP shutdown process. ... > XP is closing the network connection before saving the user settings, ... > the profile on the server is not updated. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Please Read - Windows XP and Roaming Profiles
    ... It's concerning the Windows XP shutdown process. ... > XP is closing the network connection before saving the user settings, ... > the profile on the server is not updated. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)