Re: No display with 4GB + 512MB Video

In addition to PvdG42's post - did you "put back" the original memory? If
so - result?

"PvdG42" <pvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"testVISTA" <testVISTA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have seen postings with computers with 4GB where vista cannot see all
the
ram. I have a computer and recently upgraded to 4GB from 2GB. I already
have a nvidia 8600GT video card.

I dont get any display and sometimes the display comes and it shows 4GB
RAM
but lasts for 5mts before the monitor shuts down to no display.
Any ideas how to fix this problem so I can get at least the display ?
dont mind reduced RAM since I am hoping to move to 64 bit if I can find
all
the drivers I need.

Thanks

Before installing the additional RAM, did the video card/video drivers
work correctly? If so, the additional RAM you installed might be faulty.
Try a reliable memory testing tool like MemTest86.

  • Re: No display with 4GB + 512MB Video
    ... Check the monitor connection and the input selector. ... Reseat the video card and check the connections. ... The 4GB displayed is the physically installed ram. ... I dont get any display and sometimes the display comes and it shows 4GB RAM ...
  • Re: MBR, GRUB, LILO, DEBIAN, DOS
    ... but I did run GNOME in 32MB RAM. ... > was then a speed demon. ... Please dont toss me to the windoze group! ... Then.....but into teh GUI. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Buying a new computer - question
    ... the video file freezes or runs in slow motion. ... This is obviously due to the ram. ... I dont know where you shop but £300-£400 will get you a very good machine. ... , ram, video card will all be MUCH better than ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: OT puters
    ... tho i'm back online still busy with hardware on puter, ram this time. ... checking that the speed of new ram will be ok before i install it. ... one day i shall return but dont hold your breath. ... if i can get any data off the old one i'll then install a second hard ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)