Re: No display with 4GB + 512MB Video

"testVISTA" <testVISTA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1F48CA9E-1B1A-485B-8C67-DDE518A1FA00@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have seen postings with computers with 4GB where vista cannot see all the
ram. I have a computer and recently upgraded to 4GB from 2GB. I already
have a nvidia 8600GT video card.

I dont get any display and sometimes the display comes and it shows 4GB RAM
but lasts for 5mts before the monitor shuts down to no display.
> Any ideas how to fix this problem so I can get at least the display ? > I
dont mind reduced RAM since I am hoping to move to 64 bit if I can find all
the drivers I need.

Thanks

Before installing the additional RAM, did the video card/video drivers work correctly? If so, the additional RAM you installed might be faulty. Try a reliable memory testing tool like MemTest86.

  • Re: To upgrade or not to upgrade
    ... Geforce 7600GS video card ... stead increase RAM to 4 Gb, or buy a new video card? ... For the top of the line product, I think nVidia has ...
    (rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons)
  • Re: Decent spec HP nc6000 Centrino laptop
    ... Processor Intel Pentium M 1.7 GHz ... Mobile Technology Intel Centrino Mobile Technology ... Display Tech XGA TFT LCD ... RAM Technology DDR SDRAM ...
    (uk.adverts.computer)
  • Re: No display with 4GB + 512MB Video
    ... Check the monitor connection and the input selector. ... Reseat the video card and check the connections. ... The 4GB displayed is the physically installed ram. ... I dont get any display and sometimes the display comes and it shows 4GB RAM ...
  • Re: Tech: William WPC DMD
    ... Now I have pixels that switch on ... giving the display a look of static. ... Pin 1 = -116 ... So...Look around the RAM at ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: MacBoor Air questions
    ... I plan to run it with an external display, ... Apple claims it's 2560x1600 but I'm guessing that's ... "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter ... RAM remaining for running a VM after the OS and intel graphics have ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)