Re: No display with 4GB + 512MB Video

"testVISTA" <testVISTA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1F48CA9E-1B1A-485B-8C67-DDE518A1FA00@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have seen postings with computers with 4GB where vista cannot see all the
ram. I have a computer and recently upgraded to 4GB from 2GB. I already
have a nvidia 8600GT video card.

I dont get any display and sometimes the display comes and it shows 4GB RAM
but lasts for 5mts before the monitor shuts down to no display.
> Any ideas how to fix this problem so I can get at least the display ? > I
dont mind reduced RAM since I am hoping to move to 64 bit if I can find all
the drivers I need.

Thanks

Before installing the additional RAM, did the video card/video drivers work correctly? If so, the additional RAM you installed might be faulty. Try a reliable memory testing tool like MemTest86.

.