Re: Security Update won't Install (KB929729)

*Hi friends*

**Here is the resolution:*
*
1. Download and install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility from this
link.

'http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe'
(http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe)

2. Run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility and remove .NET Framework
1.0, 1.1 from the list.

3. Restart the computer.

4. Then download and install .Net Framework 1.1 and its Service pack
from these 2 links.

To download the .NET Framework 1.1, visit the following Microsoft Web
site:

'_http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en_'
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en)

To download the .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1, visit the following
Microsoft Web site:

'_http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A8F5654F-088E-40B2-BBDB-A83353618B38&displaylang=en_'
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A8F5654F-088E-40B2-BBDB-A83353618B38&displaylang=en)

5. Restart the computer again.

6. Try to install windows update this time and it will get installed
without any issue.

Alrightoo Enjoy.....
Do reply if this works for, it worked for me many times.

Thanks and regards

Ricky

--
Roy_ricky

  • Re: KB110806 installation failure again
    ... Windows but haven't encountered this kind of issue before and am therefore ... which turns out to be Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service ... I click to install and after it completes the download it comes back wit he ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: KB110806 installation failure again
    ... make is to go over the installation logs of SP1: ... and what prerequisite components were already installed on the system prior to running .NET Framework ... I click to install and after it completes the download it comes back wit he ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: From 3/7/09 JS< you still out there ?
    ... MS .NET Framework 2.0 SP 2 ... Framework Setup Verification Tool & again, ... here is what you will need to download and install. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Update KB928366 Net Framework 1.1 Service pack 1 fails
    ... not the original installation of .Net Framework 1. ... service pack was an optional update that many users did not upload. ... You need Windows Install Clean Up utitility to clear the installer ... then there is no reason to download version 2 and 3 along with their ...