Re: Vista install problem

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:07:00 -0700, inkeyes
<inkeyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
Iv just bought a new PC, I put the vista CD in the drive and power up the
computer.
A screen appears saying "windows is loading files" and a bar that slowly
fills up.
Once the bar is full (suggesting all the files have been loaded), a new bar
appears with microsoft corporation written underneath it.
From looking at online install guides it appears that there should be a
moving green block within this new bar however, it is completely empty and
nothing happens. I have tried to install several times and left it for 40
mins or so each time, but i keep getting the same problem - i get to that
stage and it seems the install freezes.

Any ideas?
Any help is greatly appreciated, i really have no idea what the problem is

When it freezes, can you open a command prompt window (shift-F10)?
cd \windows
dir /od
Look in the .log files (type xxx.log).

  • Re: "My Computer" missing in "Look In" dialogue box
    ... Places bar is on the left in this picture... ... and folders in the selected location will be listed at the right.]] ... Edit the Places bar locations in Open Save As common dialog boxes ... Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: "My Computer" missing in "Look In" dialogue box
    ... It is Windows XP, but Office 2002. ... To add My Computer to the My Places bar, ... and the files and folders in the selected location will be ... Edit the Places bar locations in Open Save As common dialog boxes ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Disc Scan at Startup
    ... Go to Start> Run and type: CMD, and hit enter. ... Converting FAT32 to NTFS in Windows XP ... | white scan bar appears at the bottom. ... | wizard) but the laptop still does the scan at startup. ...
  • Re: Disc Scan at Startup
    ... Go to Start> Run and type: CMD, and hit enter. ... Converting FAT32 to NTFS in Windows XP ... | white scan bar appears at the bottom. ... | wizard) but the laptop still does the scan at startup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Disc Scan at Startup
    ... Go to Start> Run and type: CMD, and hit enter. ... Converting FAT32 to NTFS in Windows XP ... | white scan bar appears at the bottom. ... | wizard) but the laptop still does the scan at startup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)