Re: Vista install problem

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:07:00 -0700, inkeyes
<inkeyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
Iv just bought a new PC, I put the vista CD in the drive and power up the
computer.
A screen appears saying "windows is loading files" and a bar that slowly
fills up.
Once the bar is full (suggesting all the files have been loaded), a new bar
appears with microsoft corporation written underneath it.
From looking at online install guides it appears that there should be a
moving green block within this new bar however, it is completely empty and
nothing happens. I have tried to install several times and left it for 40
mins or so each time, but i keep getting the same problem - i get to that
stage and it seems the install freezes.

Any ideas?
Any help is greatly appreciated, i really have no idea what the problem is

When it freezes, can you open a command prompt window (shift-F10)?
cd \windows
dir /od
Look in the .log files (type xxx.log).
.