Re: Vista install problem
- From: andy <bogusaddress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 17:09:53 -0700
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:07:00 -0700, inkeyes
Iv just bought a new PC, I put the vista CD in the drive and power up the
A screen appears saying "windows is loading files" and a bar that slowly
Once the bar is full (suggesting all the files have been loaded), a new bar
appears with microsoft corporation written underneath it.
From looking at online install guides it appears that there should be amoving green block within this new bar however, it is completely empty and
nothing happens. I have tried to install several times and left it for 40
mins or so each time, but i keep getting the same problem - i get to that
stage and it seems the install freezes.
Any help is greatly appreciated, i really have no idea what the problem is
When it freezes, can you open a command prompt window (shift-F10)?
Look in the .log files (type xxx.log).
- Prev by Date: Re: Vista installation failure
- Next by Date: Re: Vista installation failure
- Previous by thread: Re: Vista install problem
- Next by thread: resetting default profile