Re: Vista installation failure

Okey-Dokey, I'll go to their site. I must tell you all - I'm learning far
too much and know far too little about this computer-putting-together thing!
I think I'll keep my day job.

Janice

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

Before you disassemble, check the EVGA website for BIOS updates that may
address this. Mobos do not usually ship with the latest BIOS revision so
don't assume because you just got it that it is up to date. While you are
there review any details posted about the board, in particular any test
reports on your memory and in the configuration you are wanting to use.

"Missouri Mom" <Missouri Mom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Newly built PC. Took out 2G ram as suggested - leaving 2G. Get through
black screen with white bar "Windows loading files". Then blue screen
with
white horizontal bar for 35 minutes +/-. Then Install Now dialog box.
Enter
key code. Checks off "Copying files" Begins the "Expanding files" and
goes
to 11%.

files required for installation are available, and restart the
installation.
Error Cord: 0x8007045D. (Reviewing this error in the knowledge base does
not
seem to speak to a new installation.)

I reviewed my MOBO instructions and I quote: "It is important to remember
that before installing the driver CD that is shipped in the kit, you need
load you operating system." So what drivers does the Vista software think
it
needs?

I spent more than 3 phone hours with Microsoft help and they had me
putting
in my Win 98 disc made a royal mess of my situation. I'm back now to the
beginning and yet still no installation.

What am I doing wrong?

  • Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-factory] 10.3 Review
    ... the review. ... Since the opensuse list mentions over 100 mails per day, ... the installation was definitely fully fresh. ... sax2 clearly used settings for the i810 driver for the setup with the default ...
    (SuSE)
  • PC-BSD on top of FreeBSD - does it matter ?
    ... it received a good review on some mostly Linux oriented web site. ... The installation was very pleasant thanks to its installer - a very impressive ... kill offending processes I had no clue about as a first time user. ... Does it matter to FreeBSD? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Turning TESTS on by default
    ... Enough that it will be turned off for the CDs. ... installation media, ... It seems I cannot apply an update to another differential review (or ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Vista installation failure
    ... there review any details posted about the board, ... > files required for installation are available, ... > Error Cord: 0x8007045D. ... > that before installing the driver CD that is shipped in the kit, ...
  • Re: number of dasd volume(s) for DB2
    ... You may wish to review the Installation manual, ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)