Re: installing vista onto second hard drive

You won't save money. You would only save money if you planned to overwrite the XP already on your computer. But if you want to continue to use the XP as well as the Vista, then just buy the full edition of Vista. Full editions are a lot less hassle anyway just because of issues like these. The operating system is so important to your computer that it is not the place to skimp. If you need to save money do it by using Open Office and things like that.

"jkiejr" <jkiejr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:76477DF9-6447-4C6A-B485-EC126D737DE5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
no i havent bout the upgrade i was wondering that so if to save me some money
instead of purchasing the full

"Timothy Daniels" wrote:

Barnhorst, you da Man!! What a fine line you walk,
and you walk it well.
:-)

*TimDaniels*

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> [.........]
> The Vista upgrade license only requires you to OWN a license
> for Windows that is eligible for upgrade to Vista. It does not
> require it to be installed on the computer. [.....]
> Do you have any software like that?
>
> If not, then I would go to eBay and buy a retail copy of
> Windows 2000. The seller should say whether or not the item
> is available for transfer to a new computer. That is what you
> want to hear. Buy it. [........]

  • Re: Microsoft ZUNE player crashed today
    ... We are headed in the direction of either a Mac or a *nix box, or both, ... My laptops and my son's computer are operating on Vista and it seems ... When Windows 3.0 came out, I was happily multi-tasking using DesqView - ... I made money servicing peer-to-peer Windows 95 networks so I guess ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Microsoft ZUNE player crashed today
    ... We are headed in the direction of either a Mac or a *nix box, or both, ... My laptops and my son's computer are operating on Vista and it seems ... When Windows 3.0 came out, I was happily multi-tasking using DesqView - ... I made money servicing peer-to-peer Windows 95 networks so I ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: OT Vista Blues
    ... At the risk of getting too political, you've accepted Vista as the new ... Microsoft had offered Windows XPSE, as in Secure Edition, they would ... How much time and money are your clients spending on new OS, ... I created a business called Nebula _Research and Development_, ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: Microsoft money to Vista
    ... Microsoft Windows MVP ... You are posting in some anonymous "forum" somewhere that is simply using the "vBulletin USENET gateway" to forward your question to the Microsoft public newsgroups on Usenet. ... That will set up your News Account and bring you to the Vista newsgroup. ... That will take you to the Money newsgroup where the Microsoft Money experts hang out. ...
  • Re: Firmware upgrade question
    ... etc. Windows, especially Vista, is just a pathetic piece of shit. ... Have you actually used Vista for an extended period? ... are other brands that will take you money. ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)