Re: installing vista onto second hard drive

Barnhorst, you da Man!! What a fine line you walk,
and you walk it well.
:-)

*TimDaniels*

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
[.........]
The Vista upgrade license only requires you to OWN a license
for Windows that is eligible for upgrade to Vista. It does not
require it to be installed on the computer. [.....]
Do you have any software like that?

If not, then I would go to eBay and buy a retail copy of
Windows 2000. The seller should say whether or not the item
is available for transfer to a new computer. That is what you
want to hear. Buy it. [........]

  • Re: New to XP and confused
    ... Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine] ... > prompts until I reached the partition screen you mentioned. ... >>> could either install from there or at least not be bothered by Windows' ...
  • Re: Desktop reloads often
    ... The idea is to turn programs on one by one until the problem reappears. ... Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine] ... >>> Ilya ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: New group has now started to create a fully stable and secure windows
    ... Colin Barnhorst wrote: ... | Such problems could simply indicate insufficient information on how to ... | "Kevin Lawton" wrote in message ... windows machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: XP with W2k-- Sorry - - I still have questions
    ... Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine] ... Since I have more than 512mb ram, ... > However I want to install it on my older machine a P-233. ...
  • Re: Windows Explorer not installed
    ... Colin Barnhorst ... >> Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine] ... >>> Evidently there were other system files than just windows explorer ... during the install it would lose where the CD drive was. ...